A big part of 22q Deletion Syndrome is, drum roll please....
I believe everyone deals with anxiety in their own way. For myself I fight anxiety every.single. day. I will tell you that it is tiring. It's not always something you want to deal with. Someday's you may just wish it could go away.
Anxiety sits at our door step and laughs in our faces. Anxiety may be so strong in your life it can keep you from doing things. Or even you from trying new things. For example, looking for a job, going to school, going to a big event etc can cause so much anxiety it can make you feel frozen in place. It can fill us and can make our hearts beat fast and faster and sometimes we may even get to the point where we say "I. CAN'T. DO. THIS."
I want to overcome anxiety... do you? I want to punch anxiety in the face and say "Go away, you can't control me". I want to be able to do things without having anxiety take over my life. Or even if we can't have anxiety go completely away we can find ways to deal and cope with our anxiety. It's an uncomfortable feeling. I am tired of being uncomfortable.
So, how do we overcome anxiety? Are there any cures?
I do have strategies to cope with anxiety, however. Some of my best ways to "punch anxiety in the face" is
1. Take deep breaths in and out, think of a Bible verse that means a lot to you and say it in your head a couple times
2. Hang around dogs and cuddle with them. It helps reduce anxiety
3. Get some fresh air and go on a walk. Feeling the breeze on your face and being around nature can help reduce anxiety and calm you down
4. Talk to a trusted friend about what you are worried about. Holding it in only makes it worse
5. Pray to God and tell Him why you are nervous and lay it all at his feet and take God's peace instead
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
6. Do something for somebody else. Putting your focus on somebody else's needs helps you forget about your worries.
7. Do some drawing or coloring- it does help relax you.
So as you know, anxiety is our enemy. But if we find out ways to help cope with it, to calm us down and so it won't take over our lives. How much happier will we be? I don't know about you, but I feel like anxiety is draining. Thank goodness God says in His word so many verses about anxiety to help us in our daily walk. Like...
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you, I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid" John 14:27
"When I am afraid I will put my trust in you" Psalm 56:3
"And my God shall apply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" Phillippians 4:19
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” Philippians 4:6, 7